Speaker Outine: TED Talk: Simon Sinek: How Great Leaders Inspire Action (Sep 2009):
- Why do some leaders succeed and others fail? – How do Leaders among us achieve greatness?
- Golden Circle – WHY are you doing this? – HOW are you going to complete your plan? – WHAT is your organisation selling?
- Inside Out – Communicate with the WHY/ Create an Idea – People buy WHY you do it, they don’t by WHAT you do.
- Believe What You Believe – Inspire others
- Link Together – Harmonizing a goal as an organisation, Uniting in Dreams.
I wanted to do a TED talk on leadership and how it brings people together from the start. Leadership education is a very important topic for me as I love getting motivated and inspired by presenters, and love helping other youth find their inner leader. After creating an outline of the speakers points I looked up pictures relating to the message I wanted in each slide. The pictures I choose needed to reflect quality and professionalism in my slide show so I made sure to choose large pictures. Then I created sketches (below) of the basic ideas I wanted and obviously changed it a lot later to fit the critiques. I then put it together on power point!
I got a few critiques on Facebook from Chris Betts and Shay Sookhoo pointing out a few errors I had missed.They mostly corrected my mistakes in alignment and a extra font I had overlooked. I also got my slides critiques by Sister Peterson who advised me to fix my typography into a more consistent type and to fix some pixelated pictures.
Link to Talk: https://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action#t-457809
Fonts: Century Gothic ( sans serif) , AR BERKLEY ( script).